[RE-wrenches] Efficient step up, down transformers

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Jul 25 10:20:28 PDT 2011

I thought (based a previous thread) that we needed to be concerned with VA output of inverters, not wattage, at least on the transformer based machines like the SW.
I realize this wouldn't be an actual load if on grid.
In these situations, I just measure DC amps into the inverter to determine the actual consumption,  irregardless of power factor, AC efficiency, etc.

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer