[RE-wrenches] Fwd: Re: Aluminum Module Frame To GalvanizedUni-Strut

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Thu Jul 14 09:48:17 PDT 2011

I've tested really old arrays that were done in the days before NEC
grounding requirements.  No star washers, just nuts, bolts, lock
washers and washers.  I've never seen significant resistance from one
end of an array to the other.  This appears to be a solution to solve
a problem that never existed in the first place, that caused a
problem!  (The main cause of problems are solutions).

That being said, Weeb type clips may be a good idea for top mounting hardware.

Drake Chamberlin
ATHENS ELECTRIC
OH License 44810
CO license 3773