[RE-wrenches] Generator/SQFlex problem

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Sat Jul 9 11:21:07 PDT 2011

HI Allan;

Here's a relay I've used for electric vehicles with up to 156 vdc nom.
batteries. (pushing 200 vdc charging on cold days)
http://store.kta-ev.com/openstylepowerrelaydpdtwithmagneticblowout.aspx
Click on the spec sheet for more details.
This is from KTA electric vehicles, a very reputable company that I've
dealt with for over a decade. They know their stuff.
Your pump project sounds very interesting but also somewhat of a PITA.
Here's some info on a Franklin constant pressure (no surge) controller
that can run a 1-1/2 Hp pump head @ 3 Hp performance. Might not be
applicable, but another possibility (it could run a pair of Outbacks
with a small battery bank to temper the PV)
http://www.pumpsofhouston.com/Ref/Franklin_motorDrives.pdf

Good Luck,

Ray

high a DC voltage to prevent arcing - multiple relays with 240V AC coils
paralleled would handle control of the relays, but can anyone suggest a
relay that can handle 100-150 VDC array voltage? MDI mercury contactors,
as were used in early APT/Pulse powercenters, come to mind, available in
1-3 poles. Any better ideas?