[RE-wrenches] Magnum MMS inverter / Honda 3000i charger problems

Dan Fink buckville at hughes.net
Fri Jul 8 17:29:30 PDT 2011

Thanks Larry;

I wish Honda tech support was as easy to reach as Magnum!

No changes to the MMS, other than setting shore power breaker limit to
match the Honda at 20 amps. Played with Magnum charge rate from
0-100%, tried all sorts of combinations of ground bonding (in, out,
either, both, none).

Best whiff of something new to try so far is to hook up another load
direct to generator outlets, then plug in the Magnum in parallel...see
if that stabilizes the "i" output in case it's too squirrely for the
Magnum to sniff out with no other load.

DAN FINK

Dan Fink,
Executive Director
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC accredited Continuing Education Providers
970.672.4342 (voicemail)
970.373.1311 (FAX)