[RE-wrenches] 12 volt LED flood lights for billboards

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 14:51:27 PDT 2011

Larry,

Contact Mid-America Advanced Power Solutions ( http://www.maaps.us/ ). They
manufacture a 24Vdc high-power LED array with a variety of lens assemblies for
various light dispersal needs.  Here's a direct link to their LED lights:

http://www.maaps.us/page8a.html

Talk with Jason.  He's their LED go-to guy.  They're also PV installers, so can talk
your language.

The LED array fits inside an outdoor-rated work light enclosure available from the
the big-box hardware stores - the $39-49 variety.  Buy the work light (they have a
500 watt halogen lamp inside), gut it, and install the LED array.  The work light
approach is lower cost than buying an empty enclosure for this project.

Jason can help you on the above-mentioned work light concept as well.

Don't be fooled by the 21 watt power consumption of their LED assemblies.
MAAPS uses the new super high efficient CREE LEDs in their units, and they
are *BRIGHT*.  (Voice of experience here.)

I note on a quick visit to their website they've added extensively to their product
offerings, so the above work light suggestion may no longer be needed.

Dan