[RE-wrenches] SMA High AC Voltage vs MPP

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Thu May 12 16:33:44 PDT 2011

Jamie,

Thanks for the reply.  That does make sense as to how the AC Voltage
might affect an inverter.  It would certainly seem a likely issue
with the Sunny Boy line of inverters up to the 7000, which have a
maximum MPP DC Voltage of 250 V.  The SB 8000 is a 300 V MPP unit.  I
wonder if the Sunny Design tool is correct about the concern.  I also
wonder why the SB 8000 went to 300 V DC.

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
ATHENS ELECTRIC
OH License 44810