[RE-wrenches] REC Modules

Brian Teitelbaum bteitelbaum at aeesolar.com
Wed May 11 18:20:36 PDT 2011

Daryl,

Actually the newer REC "PE Series" which are now sold weigh in at 39.6lbs, a bit lighter than the older AE-US or SCM models.

The PE modules are rated to 75.2lbs/sq.ft. under UL 1703, but 113lbs/sq.ft under IEC 61215. They are also rated on the spec sheet at 122mph max wind speed with a "safety factor of 3" (whatever that means, since I doubt that they would handle 366 mph!).

Brian Teitelbaum
AEE Solar