[RE-wrenches] Outback FNDC

Hugh hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Mon Apr 25 23:38:06 PDT 2011

>HI Hugh and all
>As Hugh knows the Outback FNDC was meant for such operation, Apollo
>can track the SOC but can not control off SOC.

I have been studying the FlexmaxDC manual and it is a wonderful
measurement instrument, but it has no direct communication with the
charge controller (set-points) that I can see, so either the user has
to be part of the process or you need to use the multifunction
auxiliary relay to intervene in the charging process in some way.

Anyway all these fancy devices are much too expensive and complex for
a small unattended telemetry site system using an AGM battery charged
by wind and solar power.
--
Hugh Piggott

Scoraig