[RE-wrenches] community solar

Jeff Irish jeff at hvce.com
Thu Apr 7 13:18:42 PDT 2011

I believe Massachusetts has this, which is called "community net metering".  New York State does not allow it, but a bill is in the assembly and senate this session called "virtual net metering" whereby a single customer with multiple meters can interconnect to one and apply excess generation credits to the others.  The target market is counties, towns, cities, large companies.  Not quite what you have in mind, Larry, but a step in the right direction.

Jeff Irish, PE
President
Hudson Valley Clean Energy, Inc.
and Adirondack Solar