[RE-wrenches] Slow clocks

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Apr 6 07:33:03 PDT 2011

Personally, on grid or off, I like battery powered clocks. One 2 sec outage, and the clock gets reset. I tend to use the clock on my cell phone and computer mostly (automatic updates),
My battery powered weather station even has a clock that is linked to the atomic clock system.
I've actually had more trouble with electric clocks now that I'm on grid! ( the clock on the stove never matches the clock on the coffee maker......)
BTW, I love your "times have changed" comment.....and I otherwise agree with your assessment of off grid today: sleep mode is soo 20th century.

Ray