[RE-wrenches] portable freezers

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Fri Apr 1 22:08:36 PDT 2011

Nick;

Sorry, can't help you much there. I have a couple decades experience in
RV types that involve propane plus 120vac and 12vdc, no experience in
the new stuff.

All I can say is that Peltier Junction cooling is very inefficient.
Using electric heating elements instead of propane for an ammonia based
system is awful too.

If it's compressor based, you should do OK. I believe Edgestar is. Not
sure what the other folks are bringing out for products.

Just avoid Peltiers and ammonia + heaters systems electrically--easily
100 watts for a tiny RV fridge/freezer....propane is cheaper -  I was
trying to figure out CF of space vs. cooling capacity, but it 's too
late at night. ;_)

Maybe I need to look into one of these new compressor based things for
flyfishing vacations....specs are showing me 65 watts for a 48 CF cooler.

Dan Fink
Executive Director;
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ accredited Continuing Education Providers
http://www.buckville.com/
info at buckville.com
970.672.4342 (voicemail)
970.373.1311 (fax)