[RE-wrenches] NABCEP Test

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:24:18 PDT 2011

>From Ezra:

Larry,

NABCEP provides test takers with a passing score and a partial breakdown of
their score by exam blueprint area. It is always a bit confusing because we
report only on those exam blueprint areas where there are sufficient number
of questions for the information provided to be relevant. For example
informing a candidate that they scored 50% in an area where there were only
two questions provided little useful information but informing the same
candidate that they scored 50% on an area where there are ten questions
clearly informs them that this is an area where further study is required.

We do not provide candidates with individual questions they missed as this
would have a strong negative impact on the security of the exam. If we
informed candidates on individual questions we would have to retire each
exam question we did so with which would put a huge burden of developing new
questions on our volunteer exam committee. It would also but a burden on the
exam itself as we would be continually retiring statically field proven
questions.

I know it is disappointing to candidates to not see the questions they
missed, and if I was a candidate I'd likely be frustrated as well. I also
know that it is simply not practical to do so and that our procedures are in
accordance to established and recognized testing protocols.

Sincerely,

    Ezra Auerbach
Executive Director

For a brighter energy future,

Andrew Truitt
Principal
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting
NABCEP Certified PV Installer™ (ID# 032407-66)
 <%28202%29%20486-7507>(202) 486-7507
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-truitt/8/622/713

[image: 24 copy.jpg]

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough