[RE-wrenches] Nabcep Stamp

Troy Harvey taharvey at heliocentric.org
Thu Mar 31 17:55:40 PDT 2011

Either way both are just tests, and both are just there solely for the formality of AHJ.

I've done enough hiring of engineers to be thoroughly unconvinced any testing, certification, GPA, degree level makes any indication of level of ability. I remember a time a few years back when i hired a 2nd year sophomore over a phD candidate - because he was better in every way.

I don't know exactly what the P.E. rate amongst E.E.s is, but is way less than 1% - and there is a reason. The E.E. field has largely driven by innovation, not "putting in you dues". Compounding that problem, since there are so few EE PEs, there is a very small chance to get a PE, even if you took your FE exam - because there so few to work under.

So I don't see anything about a PE that is so meaningful, just means you happened on a 1-in-100 boss out of college that had a PE, and worked for him/her for 3 years.

Meaningless. Only the AHJ cares.

Troy