[RE-wrenches] sizing a sub-panel used tocombinemultipleinverter outputs

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 16:00:41 PDT 2011

You're overlooking an important fact.

Grid-tie inverters are current-limited devices.  They lack surge capability.

Trip times for various circuit breakers vary depending in part on the overload as a percentage of the breaker's ratings and the circuit breaker temperature (for thermal breakers).

A properly operating UL1741-certified grid-tie inverter that's exposed to a sudden dead short in the AC output will stop producing current before the circuit breaker would trip.

Dan