[RE-wrenches] Mage NABCEP Training

wirewiz at gmail.com wirewiz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 08:54:56 PST 2011

Dean,

No experience with Mage but the two prep courses I took were a waist of time
and money (IMHO). Find yourself a one day John Wiles seminar for $100, that
is well worth it. Study, study, study. I would set aside 3-4 hours a day
until test time. Become quick and sure at referencing the NEC, they supply
you with one at the test. Buy the Casio FX260 calculator, again supplied at
the test, and become familiar with it. Use the NABCEP study guide. Get your
PV math down pat. Read Dunlop's book. I failed it because I did not study
hard enough. It's really not that difficult a test to pass (70 grade) if you
know the material. I will send you my prep material if you want to use it as
a guideline. Good luck.

I'm the guy who whined about the NABCEP ad and kind of regret doing so. My
apologies to all who studied hard and passed the test.

Larry Liesner
System Design
Elektron Solar, LLC
16 Ketchum St.