[RE-wrenches] Array tilt angle doesn't matter?

Tom Elliot tom at wagonmaker.com
Tue Feb 22 23:39:37 PST 2011

Nick and William,

You’re right and more specific than I was.  I generalized to 47 degrees but the difference is really minor.  Actual location of the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn is approximately 23.44 degrees and that location varies by about a half second a year but it is minor in terms of this discussion.  This has been helpful because I’ve always simply referred to it as 23.5 degrees N and S so knowing the specific location and the minor variation is interesting information.  But anyone’s specific latitude location on the planet is really irrelevant to the difference between Solstices in terms of degrees of tilt.  It is the same everywhere.

Tom