[RE-wrenches] (no subject)

Lee Bristol leebristol at standardsolar.com
Thu Feb 17 12:16:27 PST 2011

August,

I have had good luck with the Morningstar Suresine 300W inverter at an
installation in Haiti.  I hope that saying this does not jinx the
installation.
I used the BZ 500 MPPT charge controller from BZ Products and 450
watts of modules to light up a small school.

Lee

Lee Bristol
NABCEP Certified Solar Designer/Installer
Co-Founder & Commercial Channel Manager

Standard Solar Inc.
1355 Piccard Drive, Suite 300
Rockville, MD 20850
(301) 944-5105 Direct
(240) 479-1510 Cell
(301) 944-1202 Fax
leebristol at standardsolar.com

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 3:00 PM, August Goers <august at luminalt.com> wrote:
> Hi Off Grid Wrenches,
>

> Does anyone have any feedback on what brands and or models of small 12v
> charge controllers they like? I'm looking at setting up a small emergency
> power shed with a couple of PV modules and deep cycle batteries and perhaps
> a Morningstar or Xantrex small charge controller. We just need something to
> power a light or two and some cell phone chargers, etc.
>

> Also, has any tried the Morningstar SureSine 300W inverter?
>

> Thanks,
>

> August

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

Lee Bristol
NABCEP Certified Solar Designer/Installer

Co-Founder & Commercial Channel Manager
Standard Solar, Inc.
1355 Piccard Drive, #300
Rockville, MD 20850