[RE-wrenches] Problem with NABCEP ad

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:48:33 PST 2011

In 2008 NYSERDA did a study and found that PV systems installed by NABCEP
certified installers had fewer problems at inspection than those installed
by non-NABCEP installers.  There is a lot of false advertising within our
society, and our industry is not exempt, but NABCEP marketing its
certificants as more likely to install high quality systems does NOT fit in
that category.

Soon we will be seeing more marketing from UL and probably others touting
the benefits of their certifications.  I assure you that they will not be
bound by any moral obligation to "look out" for those in the industry that -
for whatever reason - do not acquire their certification, and I don't see
why we should expect any different from NABCEP.

For a brighter energy future,

Andrew Truitt
NABCEP Certified PV Installer™ (ID# 032407-66)
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting
(202) 486-7507
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-truitt/8/622/713

[image: 24 copy.jpg]

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough