[RE-wrenches] Parallel wire runs to increase size

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 11:53:05 PST 2011

The NEC says you cannot parallel a wire smaller than 1/0.

Portable PV may not fall within the NEC.

The reason I mention it is that I was called to check an off grid system where the installer used and extension cord and paralleled all three #14s in the cord (blk,wht, and green).  Not a safe way to do things.

Sent from my iPhone