[RE-wrenches] Matching modules into Xantrex GT

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 13:10:44 PST 2011

William -

Over powering is not an issue.  You might clip a little power occasionally,
but the loss will be minute and you won't damage or void the warranty of the
inverter.   And since your talking separate strings, the current mismatch is
a non-issue.  The only loss you will incur will be due to your voltage
mismatch,  and I suspect it will be somewhere is the neighborhood of 2.5%

1 - (382 / 403) = .05
.05 / 2 = .025

Make sense?  (I'm a little hung over so forgive me if it doesn't)

Andrew Truitt
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting
202 486-7507
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-truitt/8/622/713

Please excuse brevity and typos - this message was typed on tiny keys.