[RE-wrenches] XW config tool

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 19:55:35 PST 2011

Hi Jay:
    I recently upgraded the software on a large XW system with 3 inverters, an
MX-60, controller, and a Gen Start Module.  Schneider mailed me the adapter
cable, and everything worked great.  You have to upgrade the software to all XW
components if you are going to upgrade the AGS software.  The upgrade took about
40 minutes for my 6 components.
    Make sure that your laptop battery is charged, because you have to turn off
the inverters during the upgrade.  It would be slick to bypass the utility or
generator power to the site during the service.  If the laptop turns off during
the upgrade, it can be really bad, because it can result in having to pull the
inverters off the wall and sending them back for service!)
    I can't believe that the original AGS software did not support 2-wire
start!  The wiring harness has 13 different wires for a multitude of gen start
methods, but they forget the most fundamental one!  How does that happen?   Gen
starting shouldn't be so complicated.

 Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537