[RE-wrenches] 690.14 (4) Max Number of Disconnects

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 13:49:31 PST 2011

I had a similar situation in Minnesota, my local inspector was puzzeled but the
regional inspector said ABSOLUTLY  the solar equipment has to be shut off with
no more than 6 motions of the hand.  I combined the AC into a panel of 12
breakers, with one main (i had 12 inverters).  For the DC side I did something
DT but I could have used 2 each 6 pole Square D 600 volt 30 amp Disconnects
or 3 each 4 pole, or 4 each 3 pole to complete the disconnect requirement
Darryl