[RE-wrenches] Grouping of Service Disconnects

Hans Frederickson hans at fredelectric.com
Thu Dec 8 08:42:14 PST 2011

Jason,
I agree that the inspector is wrong. I see two options:
1) Appeal the inspectors ruling with his supervisor(s).
2) Cut in a little flush mount service disconnect adjacent to the main
service panel. You could use a 2-space flush-mount panel like Cutler Hammer
CH2L125FP. This is rated for service entrance use, but does not include a
visible break disconnect (just a breaker), so depending on your utility's
requirements, it might need to be redundant to your fused disconnect
outside.

Regards,
-Hans