[RE-wrenches] SMA Sunny Design temperature/voltage calculations

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 2 07:46:26 PST 2011

Howie,

Thank you for speaking up.

SMA, please bring back the old string sizing program. Please.

When John Berdner introduced the SunnyBoy and showed us the spreadsheet (I
got version X3.13 in 2003), it answered all our temperature, voltage and
power questions. When the string sizing program went on-line, it literally
changed system design. You could quickly do what-ifs and try different
inverter, module and strings to meet site and requirements.

Wrenches speak up. Hopefully SMA will do the right thing and put that
oldie-but-goodie back on-line.

Fröhliche Weihnachten
Joel Davidson