[RE-wrenches] calculating low string voltage

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 13:07:55 PST 2011

I am on road so I have no texts with me, but the same formula applies about 0.4% per degree (less voltage) or use the module label  voltage coefficent.  However you must use the MPPT voltage and the temperature = (temperature ambient (2% high) plus roof temperature warming)  The roof temperature is hard to find good values because it depends upon spacing between roof and module.  I add 15 deg C for most situations.

Best I can do from memory.
DT