[RE-wrenches] intermittent battery problem; ...Battery Sulfation

Ron Young solareagle at solareagle.com
Wed Nov 16 00:20:00 PST 2011

Hi Larry, no amp hour meter installed yet as the customer is penny pinching. We're trying to solve the problem first and I've been out there twice, once to do general diagnostics and check all connections, try to load test the batteries, and so on; the second time I 'dropped in' to try a different load test on the batteries to see if I could replicate the problem and to resolve some other problems with a Whisper controller that had given up the ghost when disconnected & re-connected to the batteries (all precautions taken). It's a seven hour round trip and with time spent on the job makes for an expensive service call. I only charged for one call and I have to go back at least once more. So customer wanted to save some money on the installation of the TriMetric until the spring... sorry for the long winded reply. I know, it's false economy. So I'm thinking I'll just put the meter in and tell them to pay me when they feel like it. It'll help solve the problem and get some of the Wrenches off my back ... ;-)

Ron Young