[RE-wrenches] Xantrex Vesta Online units

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Thu Nov 10 17:13:18 PST 2011

On 11/10/2011 3:33 PM, Ron Young wrote:
> So would these be suitable for an off-grid application Bob? Any
> comments on the reliability? The proposed set is in individual
> residences on a First Nations reserve and the recipients will have
> zero technical knowledge for operation of them.
>
> Ron Young

I can only comment on it if it is using a PS rather than a Prosine.  I
didn't
have a lot of experience with the Prosines back then.  A wee bit though.

If a PS2512 or 24V PS, then I would trust it.   If it works OK now,
and they'd have to test it of course first, then I bet it would be OK
for a UPS situation.

Hopefully they don't  have 10 year old batteries in them and these were
real products and not some kind of prototype deal, I wouldn't have an
issue with it.

There won't be a warranty left on it though. I might even get a
backup inverter for "just in case", as long as there was one semi-technical
person or someone nearby that knows how to twiddle knobs and
a screwdriver.

boB