[RE-wrenches] under performing Enphase inverters

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Fri Nov 4 06:26:22 PDT 2011

I've never installed a M210, but we have had dozens of M190 failures,
mostly within a short period of time after installation but a few older
failures have trickled in lately. On one job with 236 208V M190's, we
have replaced about a dozen. To date we have not had a single M215
failure, including one job with 164 inverters. Anecdotally, it seems
that the M215 is much more reliable. Hopefully that will hold!

Out of all the swaps we've done, I've never observed one where the power
output was lower compared to adjacent modules. In almost every case
there was zero AC output or a GFDI fault.

And yes, Enphase has paid $150 per swap, although you have to remember
to go through the RMA registration process online. Overall they have
been excellent about honoring the product warranty with few questions
asked. That being said, I do have better things to do than swapping
inverters!

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar