[RE-wrenches] Bifacial modules

Hans Frederickson hans at fredelectric.com
Tue Nov 1 14:13:41 PDT 2011

For the Sanyo and Silicon Energy modules I've worked with, it is a very
small amount of light that actually passes through in the gaps between the
cells. You could do a simple ratio calculation by measuring the area of the
gaps and the area of the cells. Just guessing, I would say about 3-4%, if
that. I wouldn't count on getting much daylight under the array except for
what bounces in from underneath. Depending on the height of the array and
reflectivity of nearby surfaces, the reflected light under the array can be
significant. Hope this helps.

-Hans