[RE-wrenches] Salt & Aluminum vs Galvy

Jim MacDonald jmac at solaresystems.com
Wed Oct 26 09:52:15 PDT 2011

Hello wrenches
Does anyone have any photos or links to photos showing unanodized (not anodized) aluminum racking systems in the field for a few years?

I have heard that such hardware may pit a bit and look ugly, but wondering how much corrosion would actually take place, and if structural integrity would be compromised.
Unanodized Al failing much faster in an environment <50 mi from the coast?

Any info here appreciated.
cheers

Jim MacDonald
Design + Engineering Dept.