[RE-wrenches] Three-phase off-grid

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Oct 21 16:41:23 PDT 2011

HI Allan;

I haven't tried the large Exeltech inverters, but I could see some
advantages to having a separate charging system, and keeping the
inverters supplying stable power. Everytime a generator coughs or
switches from one source to another, it seems to cause trouble. The
generator could be sized smaller, since it wouldn't need any surge
capability. It would always run the same charger, and the inverters
would always run the same loads. I'd at least take another look at it
for my next large project, but cost might be a limiting factor.
Here's a Cummins diesel DC generator, just to think about:
http://www.cumminspowerproducts.com/DCgensets/Other/10000500.pdf

Ray