[RE-wrenches] Push-in Wire Connectors

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Oct 21 05:31:04 PDT 2011

With electrical connections in NEMA 3R boxes, I've never had an
inspector have a problem with non wet location equipment.  This
includes NEMA 3R service equipment with breakers, bus bars and other
equipment which must stay dry.  The 3R does not use a gasket like the
4X, but is reliant on the construction and proper orientation to shed
rain, and is not suitable for hose down applications.

At 06:50 PM 10/20/2011, you wrote:
>NEMA 4 enclosures do not require WP/RT connections. The enclosure
>provides the protection, just like all outdoor equipment like HVAC
>units, outdoor panels and terminal blocks inside NEMA 4. Ever see a
>WP breaker connection other than an open lug or how about rooftop combiners?
>

> From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff
> Oldham/Regenerative SOLutions

>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings: