[RE-wrenches] intermittent battery problem

bob ellison reellison at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 17:07:31 PDT 2011

I bet he has a cheap pointer type hydrometer, I have seen them be way off
from reality.

My guess is that the gravity is low the voltage changes quickly, specific
gravity changes slowly in a battery bank.

To fully charge a 24 volt bank you need to get it to 29 + volts and keep it
there for several hours, depending on the battery bank size.

Charging it to 25.4 is nothing in the long run.

Give them a LONG full charge, what are the inverters? Does it ever get an EQ
charge?

Bob Ellison