[RE-wrenches] ground

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Sep 30 10:16:12 PDT 2011

I've also used 250.52A(7) defining plate electrodes. A 6" Sch 40 pipe 4
ft in the ground has more than the required 2 sq ft of surface metal,
and is at least the required 1/4" thickness.
Also, the 2011 NEC dropped 690.47 D which required a grounding electrode
at the array. Are you sure you still need this? I believe 2011 only
requires you bond all the metal to the EGC, as always.

Ray Walters