[RE-wrenches] Re-configuring expanded array

holtek at sbcglobal.net holtek at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 30 06:55:08 PDT 2011

Battery based grid tie system

Current array: 20 modules - 5 strings of 4
Proposed array: 32 modules - 10 strings of 3, 1 string of 2 - all to MNPV12 combiner

changing charge controller (long story) and expanding system to 2 CC's. voltage limits me to 3 max in string.

Question: is the 3-2 mix of strings an issue? Also - would modules of slightly different voltages in the same string be an issue?

Think I know the answer - that's why I'm asking others.....just want to be sure

Holt E. Kelly
Holtek Fireplace & Solar Products
500 Jewell Dr.
Waco TX. 76712