[RE-wrenches] High Temp Batteries

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Sep 22 11:47:08 PDT 2011

I'd second the ground vault. We used either the plastic cargo boxes (for
up to 4 batteries) or the Greenlee job boxes for up to 12 batteries. We
add foam board to the outside, which keeps the metal from being in
direct contact with the soil. Like Todd noted, it can really moderate
the temp swings. It will basically maintain at roughly the avg temp for
the time of year, if not closer to the year round avg. If you're
interested, I can post a picture, it comes out looking pretty slick.

Ray Walters