[RE-wrenches] unique battery bank design question

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 15:14:55 PDT 2011

At the risk of sounding sarcastic (and I assure this is not my intent) .. to allow a DC appliance to wait and simply turn on when when necessary and not waste power when it is off would take a battery ..  internal or external to the appliance.

Something has to keep the appliance powered.  The best we can do is minimize the idle power consumption.

"Super capacitors" can provide some degree of backup for very low-power needs (micro-watts), but they too will go dead over time if not used, or when given a long-term power draw without being recharged (sounds like a battery again .. no?).

Dan