[RE-wrenches] Ladders for Inspectors

Benn At DayStarSolar benn at daystarsolar.ca
Thu Sep 1 10:54:53 PDT 2011

This issue came up for me as well.
 I dont recall at the moment where it is written, perhaps it was OSHA,  but apparently the contractor (permit puller) is responsible for supplying access and safety equip ie, fall protection (with exception of personal PPE, boots, hat, glasses) for inspectors to inspect the permitted work.

You do bring up a valid issue re leaving a ladder up for them, especially considering they typically leave a pretty big window open for when they will drop by. I believe that this puts the onus on the inspector to provide an accurate inspection time.

I'm impressed that your inspector even wants to get up on a ladder!!!

benn
Sent from a 'smart' phone, with tiny keys. Please excuse shortcuts and typos.