[RE-wrenches] Enphase 215

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Wed Aug 24 10:29:33 PDT 2011

The inverter should be current-limited on its output. The other Enphases
have a higher output power than rated (199 @ 190, 219 @ 210, if memory
serves from earlier list posts), so this may have a similar window.

215Wac max inverter output / 240V = 0.896
0.896 x 17 = 15.23A
15.23A x 1.25 < 20A so it's OK.
As long as the inverter output is actually 225W or less, you can fit 17
on a 20A circuit.

As before, you'd have the inverter limiting output when the high-power
modules are actually performing near or above STC. There will certainly
be times during the year where the inverters are maxed out but those
times will be a small portion. Enphase had some documentation on their
site about this where they claimed it wasn't worth worrying about, but
it's a site-specific question that the installer should answer.