[RE-wrenches] Grounding system for a shack on a frozen lake?

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Tue Aug 9 05:40:45 PDT 2011

Per 690.41 you probably wouldn't need to ground it for a system like
this, but I like the idea of dropping a ground rod down into the water.
Then curve the end and find a big worm, of course.

**
690.41 System Grounding. For a photovoltaic power source, one conductor
of a 2-wire system with a photovoltaic system voltage over 50 volts and
the reference (center tap) conductor of a bipolar system shall be
solidly grounded or shall use other methods that accomplish equivalent
system protection in accordance with 250.4(A) and that utilize equipment
listed and identified for the use.
**