[RE-wrenches] 2 SW inverters on three phase

Phil Undercuffler solarphil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:27:22 PDT 2011

At my previous employment we had a pair of SW's in exactly this
configuration across a 120/208 three phase supply.  Stacking on the SW's
wasn't so much about coordinating operation between the two as much as it
was the master of the moment giving a zero crossing and telling the other to
stay out of the way.  When grid wasn't present, the inverters would operate
180 degrees out of phase, 120/240 output.  When grid was turned on, the
slave would drift 60 degrees to sync up with the incoming power, and the two
would operate as two legs of a 120/208 supply.  Kinda fun to watch on a
scope.

If all your connected loads are 120V, you should be fine.

Phil
"When we learn how to store electricity, we will cease being apes ourselves;
until then we are tailless orangutans. You see, we should utilize natural
forces and thus get all of our power. Sunshine is a form of energy, and the
winds and the tides are manifestations of energy.  Do we use them? Oh, no!
We burn up wood and coal, as renters burn up the front fence for fuel. We
live like squatters, not as if we owned the property.

There must surely come a time when heat and power will be stored in
unlimited quantities in every community, all gathered by natural forces."
-- Thomas Edison --