[RE-wrenches] National grid hertz adjustment

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Mon Jun 27 12:26:04 PDT 2011

Dan, I think we're only looking at an error of 20 minutes per (8760 hrs
x 60 min / hr) = 0.00381%, well within the frequency drift allowed under
UL 1741. So as you point out, it would only be the shorter excursions
away from 60.0Hz that would be the issue. This shift isn't the easiest
thing in the world to do (and then maintain)!