[RE-wrenches] Solar World Poly

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Jun 24 18:47:28 PDT 2011

Brian:

I previously reviewed the literature on the 2.5 module option.  If I
understand the drawing correctly, the flange option only exists on the long
edges of the module.  Where the flange is needed most, in regards to
utilizing Acme clips, is on the short side near the "junction box."  The
flange will not be in that location.

Unfortunately for installers, the Acme clip will no longer be an option for
securing PV cables to these modules in any frame option.  This is
particularly troublesome in string inverter systems where PV voltages
approach 600 VDC.  Loose wires in these installations pose a serious safety
hazard to anyone who might come into contact with them.

Unfortunately for you, your valuable little product, the Acme clip, is no
longer viable on Solar World modules.

Unfortunately for all of us the PV industry has put little thought into
proper wire management.  Standard appliances (such as air conditioning
units) all accommodate standard trade size wiring hardware (conduit and
fittings).  This is not the case with PV wiring.

Sincerely,

William Miller