[RE-wrenches] SolarWorld Poly

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Jun 23 18:17:56 PDT 2011

Friends:

I got my hands on the first of the new poly modules today.  I understood
that the new framing would be present on the new mono and poly
modules.  They are called the "plus" series.

The new frames present some problems.  There is no place for an Acme clip
and no provision for back mount clips.  We have been using the Acme clips
as really the only listed, non-plastic, commercially available cable
routing device on the market.  Now that these don't work, we spent the day
figuring out an alternative technique for routing PV cables.  I think we
came up with a pretty good solution that works with the DPW P6 rail and
Enphase components that appear to be our new norm.

The glass on these modules looks cheap.  It is reflective and not
flat.  The frames look and feel flimsy.  It used to be the American made
meant quality but I'm not so sure any more.

I spoke with my vendor and he said that complaints have been rolling in
about the lack of a flange and the frame will be modified to include a
flange.  No idea how soon.

Sincerely,

William Miller