[RE-wrenches] inverter waveform for LED lighting

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at 1scom.net
Fri Jun 10 12:55:54 PDT 2011

Wrenches braintrust,
I'm working up a bid for a battery/inverter powered series of "T8" style LED
4 foot lamp tubes. They use no starter or ballast but the effect from the
inverter waveform is what I'm in the dark about. I have a feeling that any
modified square wave might wreak havoc on the LED circuitry but it's all new
to me. Any experience from fried LEDs to success stories would be
appreciated.
I'll probably end up specing an Exeltech XP inverter since they come in a
wide range of Wattage.
thanks as always...
Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy