[RE-wrenches] Warranty Claim Based On Enphase Monitoring Data

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Fri Jun 10 07:19:46 PDT 2011

Matt,

The Enphase and revenue grade meter are in disagreement by less than
1.1% in the system you are describing - that's good agreement! According
to the Enphase white paper, the wiring loss in the Enphase cabling
between the first and 9th inverter is 0.6%. That only applies to the
last inverter and the average loss for the system will be less, but it
shows that the ac wiring loss is a significant part of the discrepancy.
Also, even the revenue grade meter is not perfect - typically ±0.25%
when new.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar