[RE-wrenches] SolarEdge v Enphase

benn kilburn benn at daystarsolar.ca
Thu Jun 9 10:54:12 PDT 2011

Mark,I thought that the SolarEdge reduced the 'string' voltage to 1V per unit/module, reducing the high DC voltage risk factor, until the inverter switch was turned on?
The fact that by hitting the "off" switch on the inverter will reduce the potentially high DC voltage to 1V per unit/module could be an advantage from a safety perspective (maintenance, firemen/utility workers)
Labor/time-wise, it is like installing both a microinverter system and a string inverter system together, soooooo....
benn
DayStar Renewable Energy Inc. benn at daystarsolar.ca780-906-7807 HAVE A SUNNY DAY