[RE-wrenches] Warranty Claim Based On Enphase Monitoring Data

Phil Undercuffler solarphil at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 07:52:06 PDT 2011

First, I'd suggest swapping the inverter under the suspect module with it's
neighboring module's inverter.  See if the reduced output follows the
module, or the inverter.  If it follows the module, then I'd have a frank
talk with the module manufacturer, backed with the data you've gathered, to
see how they'll respond before yanking it out and shipping it back.  As you
note, it may be within spec, due to the tolerance of measurement error.
 Worst case, you've got instant vision as when the performance degrades
further to the point of clear warrantable failure.

Phil
"When we learn how to store electricity, we will cease being apes ourselves;
until then we are tailless orangutans. You see, we should utilize natural
forces and thus get all of our power. Sunshine is a form of energy, and the
winds and the tides are manifestations of energy.  Do we use them? Oh, no!
We burn up wood and coal, as renters burn up the front fence for fuel. We
live like squatters, not as if we owned the property.

There must surely come a time when heat and power will be stored in
unlimited quantities in every community, all gathered by natural forces."
-- Thomas Edison --