[RE-wrenches] 24 volt Battery Bank comparison

Brian Mehalic brian at solarenergy.org
Tue May 31 15:24:53 PDT 2011

Hi Wayne-
While I think a lot of folks will agree that a single string is better for
the long term health of the batteries as it results in more even charging, I
still like the idea of at least two strings.  That way if a single battery
fails, that string can be removed and the end-user can at least get by on
half of the pack until a replacement can be installed.
Brian

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:19 PM, James Surrette <james at surrette.com> wrote:

>  Hi Wayne,
>
>  I look forward to the input from the wrenches.
>
>  My recommendation, regardless of the brand, would be for one string.
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Jamie

> Hello Esteemed Battery Gurus,
>
> Which of the following do you believe is the better 24 V battery bank?
>
> A) 13 - Rolls 2-YS-31 2430 AH @ 20 HR (one string)
>
> or
>
> B) 9 -  Rolls 8-CS-25P 820 AH @ 20 HR (3 strings of 3)
>
> Thank you in advance for your input!
>

> Wayne Irwin, EE
> Director of Engineering
> Pure Energy Solar International Inc.
> State Licensed Solar Contractor
> License # CVC56695
> Wayne at PureEnergySolar.com <PureEnergySolar at hotmail.com>
> http://pureenergysolar.com <http://pureenergysolar.net/>
> 352 377-6527 Office
> 352 336-3299 Fax
> 352 316-1637 Cell
>
> The content of this message is Pure Energy Solar Confidential. If you are
> not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, any use
> or distribution is prohibited. Please notify me immediately by reply e-mail
> and delete this message from your computer system. Thank you.
>

>  This email and its attachments have been scanned by iConnection E-Mail
> Firewall for viruses, spam, and malicious content. The information
> transmitted in this email is intended only for the entity or person to which
> it is addressed and may contain confidential/privileged material. If you
> received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
> from any computer. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use
> of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
> is strictly prohibited. %^^%

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

Brian Mehalic
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™ R031508-59
IREC ISPQ Certified Affiliated Instructor/PV US-0132
PV Curriculum Developer and Instructor
Solar Energy International
Carbondale, CO 81623
http://www.solarenergy.org