[RE-wrenches] Perimeter warning lines

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at 1scom.net
Mon May 2 09:57:19 PDT 2011

OSHA compliant Wrenches
we're about to begin aPV installation along the lower edge of a 100 foot
long metal building. Because of skylights down the middle of the length of
the E-W roof we are forced to mount the southern-most row only about 5 feet
from the 20 foot high eave. Fortunately the slope is less than 10 degrees
but perimeter warning lines are a must here.
Not wanting to appear a cheapskate here but I'm not surprised at the
outrageous cost of "OSHA compliant" perimeter warning flag systems. Your
basic fold up standards with nothing more than light-weight bases and
multi-colored banner rope runs hundreds of dollars. Even sandbags for
ballast are way overpriced.
So where are the affordable units available or is there such a thing? Better
yet, has someone fabricated their own pro-looking standards and used the
same off-the-shelf banner rope used in the roofing catalogs? I already have
several hundred feet of banner rope just nothing to hang it from.

thanks as always

Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy
NABCEP Certified Solar PV